Projekt Izgubljene kočevarske vasi

Izberi jezik

  • O projektu Izgubljene kočevarske vasi

    Od srede 14. stoletja do leta 1942 je bilo na Kočevskem okrog 800 kvadratnih kilometrov veliko nemško jezikovno območje. Nacistična okupacijska oblast, ki je iz večih dežel v Evropi množično preseljevala svoje rojake v rajh, je po italijanski zasedbi Kočevske leta 1941 preselila tudi majhno (okoli 12.000 oseb) nemško narodnostno skupino na Kočevskem. Določili so ji območje ob Savi in Sotli na Spodnjem Štajerskem, s katerega so pred tem izgnali večino Slovencev.Po drugi svetovni vojni je bila usoda kočevskih Nemcev takšna kot usoda drugih Nemcev na Slovenskem. Tiste, ki se ob koncu vojne niso umaknili z nemško vojsko, in tudi nekaj tistih, ki so ostali na Kočevskem, so nove jugoslovanske oblastiizgnale v Avstrijo. Kasneje so se razkropili in naselili po avstrijskih in nemških pokrajinah, precej pa jih je odšlo v ZDA. Izselitev kočevskih Nemcev, vojno opustošenje, povojno propadanje ter načrtno rušenje predvsem sakralnih objektov sredi 50. let prejšnjega stoletja, so imeli za to območje daljnosežne in usodne posledice. Več kot polovica od 176 vasi na Kočevskem je bilo porušenih in jo danes prerašča gozd, od 123 cerkva se jih je ohranilo le 28, od okoli 400 kapelic in znamenj jih najdemo le še desetino. Številna pokopališča so zravnana ali pa so bili nemški nagrobniki na njih odstranjeni. Poleg spremenjene narodnostne podobe so se korenito spremenile tudi gospodarske in lastninske razmere in zemljiška sestava območja.Kraški in gozdni teren Kočevskega Roga je s svojimi globokimi brezni po vojni služil tudi za množične poboje nekaj tisoč vrnjenih domobrancev in drugih nasprotnikov partizanskega gibanja. Kmalu so na tem območju nastala kazenska in delovna taborišča in obsežno zaprto območje s posebnim režimom. Danes le še redki materialni ostanki spominjajo na 600 letno navzočnost nemške narodne skupine sredi slovenskega ozemlja. Na predstavitvenih tablah zato s sliko in besedo odkrivamo podobe nekdanjih vasi, krajine in prebivalcev, ki so stoletja sooblikovali Kočevsko. Avtor teksta: dr. Mitja Ferenc

  • O projektu "Izgubljene kočevarske vasi"

  • 1
  • 2

 

The Kočevje Registry Book from 1574 notes 8 estates (called huba), divided into 16 halves, occupying 21 landlords. The houses at the lower side were put near the edge of valley, under the slope; the other ones are spread in terraces thitherwards the church. By ground plan the village shows itself as a central type one, embracing a chapel, a well and a larger pond in the middle of broader area. 

The Francis Cadastral Register of 1824 notes 37 houses. The greatest number of people in Rajnold was counted in 1869, when there were 200 in 41 houses. In the next decades the number decreased as the most intense emigration in 19th century went on and only 141 people were registered in the village. Until 1921 the number was higher already - 175 inhabitants - but this was just temporary. In 1931 the village had 35 houses with 136 inhabitants. During the Austrian censuses there weren’t any people speaking Slovenian in the village. During the censuses of the Kingdom of SHS (Yugoslavia) there were 36 Slovenians at first, but later only 17 remained. 

People of Rajndol made living by farming and peddling, with some carrier transport services (offering additional horses) and occasional exploitation of the woods at the side. The travellers and the locals, both stopped at the pub Wolf (Rajndol No. 18) or pub/shop Schemitsch (Rajnd No. 11). A municipality, a parish and a school were in Mozelj. Before World War here were waterworks, getting water from Štavdoh (Šibje) by the wooden pipes leading to the watering place in the village. A trough from 1926 is preserved. From a trough, water ran freely into a hollow depression to be accumulated for further use, and from there pipes were leading under the road into a Carst sinkhole, to conduct away the surplus. 

105 German inhabitants of Rajndol (29 houses) moved to a hinterland of Brežice, Sevnica and Krško – the Reich’s occupied zone - in the autumn of 1941. Only three Slovenian families remained. At the end of World War II the village grew desolate, with all houses demolished. In 1947 the official authorities gave the village into custody of The Kočevje Farm and Forestry Company to be the developing point for farming, fruit growing and beekeeping. But even more important: to put forward a pastureland and stockbreeding programme. There were only 9 inhabitants of the village, living in three houses. Step by step this place became vital, due to the large stables and encouragement of animals breeding. So the village was colonised again. In 1953 there were 50 inhabitants. In the next decades number of population remained steady. Stockbreeding, complemented with small cattle, is still the main activity, but nowadays some people keep horses, too. And the general image of village is completely changed by the architecture of stables. 

In 2013, the 50 people of Rajndol are registered in six husbandries. 

Quite a big chapel of The Guardian Angels was built in the middle of village approx. 1744 and demolished in 1950s. The spot of a chapel is only some ten meters away from the preserved trough, in the direction of northeast. One can recognise a trace of ground plan.  

In the northwest, out of the village and next to a road to Mozelj, there was a subsidiary church of The Holy Trinity. Its construction was mentioned in 1581. In the modern times it was nationalised and in 1953 it was still used – for storing tools and machines. Later, but probably before 1960, it was demolished by the communist authorities, along with many other churches in the Kočevje region. Now there is only a pile of rocks. 

Next to a church is a spot of former graveyard, enclosed by wall in 1887. It was abandoned after the departure of Germans and most of the tombstones were removed. Only some 12 concrete frames could be found here today. A remarkable cross in a concrete keeps standing, erected in 1930. 

Predstavitev vasi v besedi in sliki

  • All
  • Borovec Pri Kočevki Reki
  • Czmk
  • GLAŽUTA, Karlshütten, Gloschhittn
  • INLAUF, Inlauf, Inlaf
  • Izgubljene Kočevarske Vasi
  • JELENDOL, Hirisgruben
  • KUKOVO, Rapljevo, Kukundorf, Kukndoarf
  • Mitja Ferenc
  • Morobitz
  • Mröbitz
  • Nemška Loka, Unterdeutschau, Agə
  • ONEK, Honegg, Wrneggə
  • RAJHENAV, Reichenau, Reichenagə
  • Rajndol, Reintal, Reintol
  • Tvkocevje
  • VERDRENG Podlesje, Verdreng, Vərdreng