Projekt Izgubljene kočevarske vasi

Language select

  • Über das Projekt Verlorene Gottscheer Dörfer

    Verlorene Gottscheer Dörfer heißt ein interaktives multimediales Projekt des Zentrums für Jugendkultur (Center za mladinsko kulturo) aus Gottschee/Kočevje. Die Sorge um das Erbe führte uns zur Forschung, und die Verantwortung gegenüber der Ortsgeschichte zum Dokumentieren dessen, was  vom  Zahn  der  Zeit  bereits stark  angeschlagen war. Vor Ihnen befindet sich ein Teil des Projektes. Behandelt sind 12 Gottscheer Dörfer, die von uns in eine Landkarte eingetragen und durch Videoaufnahmen auf  der Webseite www.KocevarskeVasi.si. vorgestellt worden sind.Vor der Mitte des 14. Jahrhunderts und bis 1942 gab es im Gottscheerland ein rund 800 Quadratkilometer großes deutsches Sprachgebiet, Vom der nationalsozialistischen Besatzungsmacht, die aus mehreren europäischen Ländern Deutsche massenweise ins Reich umsiedelte, wurde nach der Besetzung des Gottscheerlandes im Jahre 1941 durch die italienische Besatzungsmacht auch die kleine (etwa 12.000 Personen zählende) deutsche Volksgruppe umgesiedelt. Für die Gottscheer wurde ein Bereich an der Save und Sotla vorgesehen, aus dem davor der Großteil der Slowenen vertrieben worden war.Nach Kriegsende erlitten die Gottscheer dasselbe Schicksal wie  andere  Deutsche  in  Slowenien.  Diejenigen,  die  sich nicht vor Kriegsende dem Rückzug des deutschen Heeres angeschlossen hatten, und einige von denen, die im Gottscheer Land verblieben waren, wurden von den neuen Machthabern nach Österreich vertrieben. Später verstreuten sie sich und ließen sich in verschiedenen Ländern von Österreich und Deutschland nieder, viele wanderten in die Vereinigten Staaten aus.Die Umsiedlung der Gottscheer, Kriegszerstörungen, der Verfall in der Nachkriegszeit und planmäßige Zerstörung von Sakralobjekten Mitte der Fünfzigerjahre des vorigen Jahrhunderts hatten für dieses Gebiet tiefgehende und schicksalhafte Folgen. Über die Hälfte von insgesamt 176 Dörfern des Gottscheerlandes wurden zerstört und werden heute vom Wald überwuchert. Von 123 Kirchen sind nur 28 erhalten, von etwa 400 Kapellen und Bildstöcken ist nur noch ein Zehntelzufinden. ZahlreicheFriedhöfesinddemErdboden gleichgemacht, auf anderen wurden deutsche Grabsteine beseitigt. Neben den veränderten Nationalverhältnissen haben sich auch die Wirtschafts- und Eigentumsverhältnisse, aber auch Grundstückaufbau der Region radikal geändert. Das  bewaldete  Karstgelände  des  Hornwaldes  (Kočevski rog)   diente   mit   seinen   Höhlenschächten  nach Kriegsende  auch   als   Massengrab  für   etliche  Tausend von  repatriierten  Domobrancen  und  anderen  Gegnern des    Volksbefreiungskampfes.   Bald    entstanden    Straf- und Arbeitslager und ein weites Sperrgebiet mit einem Sonderregime.Heute erinnern nur noch wenige materielle Überreste an die 600 JahredauerndePräsenzdesdeutschsprachigenGruppeinmitten des slowenischen Gebietes, Auf den Präsentationstafeln soll deshalb das Bild der ehemaligen Dörfer, der Landschaft und ihrer Einwohner, die das Gottscheerland Jahrhunderte lang mitgeprägt haben, heraufbeschworen werden. Avtor: dr. Mitja Ferenc

     

  • O projektu "Izgubljene kočevarske vasi"

  • 1
  • 2

 

The name of the place is reminiscent of the onetime work of a glazier, and its owner, Prince Karl of Auersperg (from the German Karlshutte, meaning Karl’s Glasshouse). It was built in approximately 1835 in the middle of the woods by the road from Grčarice to Loški Potok. At first it produced glass-plates, and embossed glass in the years that came after. It had the first steam boiler in the whole country of Crain, used as a drive for grindery. Flint-sand was dug up in the neighbourhood of Novi Lazi, and potash was used as a diluter. One can still see remnants of the glazier’s work at the left of road through the woods, approximately 300 m from the crossroad which leads to the Perhjama cottage and the Medvednica cottage.    

The unrewarding business and remote location resulted in the glazier’s work being abandoned in approximately 1851. It was transferred to Kočevje, next to a coalmine. There it operated until 1886, only to be later closed and destroyed. One anecdote remains – once the Prince was eager to praise himself in front of his guests, telling them that they were drinking from the most expensive vessels in the world, and were worth the dear sum of 30,000 florins. Namely, this was the amount in losses, which came about from the glazier’s work in Glažuta. 

The Prince of Auersperg put a steam sawmill next to the former location of the glazier’s workshop in Glažuta in approximately 1868. The spot was well chosen, as there was an abundance of wood nearby and water was obtained from a rain water sump, which was constructed by making a barrier in the valley with a cement wall. The wall cracked during the frosts, so the sump was first improved with pipes to collect rain water, and then with tubes to connect it with a spring which was 1 km away. The Prince’s Forestry Administration did not supervise the glazier’s work by itself. In those times, it was normal to rent out the business. It was only in 1887 that the Prince took the sawmill into his own hands, modernised it, and achieved a yearly capacity of 5000 m3 of sawn wood. It was then driven via Loški Potok and Bloke to the railway station in Rakek, which was 45 km away. After a railway line was built, connecting Kočevje and Ljubljana, the wood was dispatched from the railway station Ribnica, 20 km from Glažuta.

Next to the sawmill, apartment buildings for workers, drivers, and technicians were built, as well as stables for work animals. About 75 people lived here. Foresters followed, and the Prince himself had a temporary lodging here. In February 1937 a school for the children of Slovenian workers was opened in Glažuta.

The Gotschee Germans – 9 people from 3 families or 2 houses – emigrated in 1941, on December 8, as part of Der Sturm Grčarice. In April 1942, Partisans destroyed the machines in the sawmill, because they were being used to steam wood for rifle butt-ends for the Italian Army. The settlement became unpopulated and decayed. Later on, a forestry lodge, two wooden barracks for forest workers, and a stable were restored. After World War II Glažuta went through several administrations: first the that of Podpreska, then Draga, Loški Potok, Sodražica, and Kočevje in 1960. Since 1995 it has been part of the Municipality of Loški Potok. From time to time, there were some people in Glažuta, but since 1991 on nobody has been living in it permanently.

The Chapel of the Heart of Jesus 

A wooden chapel of the Heart of Jesus was put on the slope of a hill, above the crossroad and all the houses, so it would be seen from far away. Perhaps in the manner usual for old chapels and churches, a levelled pedestal was made first, and then a cottage made out of beams was constructed on it. The beams were left to be seen and arranged into eaves above the entrance. The roof was symmetrical and covered with shingles. The whole building was cut short at the back. A little column at the ridge was the sign of its sacral character. The chapel was burnt down during the war, but later it was rebuilt as a holiday cottage. Today it is a faithful copy of the original chapel, reconstructed from old photos and according to memories, so that it could obtain a museum-like quality. 

 

Predstavitev vasi v besedi in sliki

  • All
  • Borovec Pri Kočevki Reki
  • Czmk
  • GLAŽUTA, Karlshütten, Gloschhittn
  • INLAUF, Inlauf, Inlaf
  • Izgubljene Kočevarske Vasi
  • JELENDOL, Hirisgruben
  • KUKOVO, Rapljevo, Kukundorf, Kukndoarf
  • Mitja Ferenc
  • Morobitz
  • Mröbitz
  • Nemška Loka, Unterdeutschau, Agə
  • ONEK, Honegg, Wrneggə
  • RAJHENAV, Reichenau, Reichenagə
  • Rajndol, Reintal, Reintol
  • Tvkocevje
  • VERDRENG Podlesje, Verdreng, Vərdreng