Projekt Izgubljene kočevarske vasi

Language select

  • Über das Projekt Verlorene Gottscheer Dörfer

    Verlorene Gottscheer Dörfer heißt ein interaktives multimediales Projekt des Zentrums für Jugendkultur (Center za mladinsko kulturo) aus Gottschee/Kočevje. Die Sorge um das Erbe führte uns zur Forschung, und die Verantwortung gegenüber der Ortsgeschichte zum Dokumentieren dessen, was  vom  Zahn  der  Zeit  bereits stark  angeschlagen war. Vor Ihnen befindet sich ein Teil des Projektes. Behandelt sind 12 Gottscheer Dörfer, die von uns in eine Landkarte eingetragen und durch Videoaufnahmen auf  der Webseite www.KocevarskeVasi.si. vorgestellt worden sind.Vor der Mitte des 14. Jahrhunderts und bis 1942 gab es im Gottscheerland ein rund 800 Quadratkilometer großes deutsches Sprachgebiet, Vom der nationalsozialistischen Besatzungsmacht, die aus mehreren europäischen Ländern Deutsche massenweise ins Reich umsiedelte, wurde nach der Besetzung des Gottscheerlandes im Jahre 1941 durch die italienische Besatzungsmacht auch die kleine (etwa 12.000 Personen zählende) deutsche Volksgruppe umgesiedelt. Für die Gottscheer wurde ein Bereich an der Save und Sotla vorgesehen, aus dem davor der Großteil der Slowenen vertrieben worden war.Nach Kriegsende erlitten die Gottscheer dasselbe Schicksal wie  andere  Deutsche  in  Slowenien.  Diejenigen,  die  sich nicht vor Kriegsende dem Rückzug des deutschen Heeres angeschlossen hatten, und einige von denen, die im Gottscheer Land verblieben waren, wurden von den neuen Machthabern nach Österreich vertrieben. Später verstreuten sie sich und ließen sich in verschiedenen Ländern von Österreich und Deutschland nieder, viele wanderten in die Vereinigten Staaten aus.Die Umsiedlung der Gottscheer, Kriegszerstörungen, der Verfall in der Nachkriegszeit und planmäßige Zerstörung von Sakralobjekten Mitte der Fünfzigerjahre des vorigen Jahrhunderts hatten für dieses Gebiet tiefgehende und schicksalhafte Folgen. Über die Hälfte von insgesamt 176 Dörfern des Gottscheerlandes wurden zerstört und werden heute vom Wald überwuchert. Von 123 Kirchen sind nur 28 erhalten, von etwa 400 Kapellen und Bildstöcken ist nur noch ein Zehntelzufinden. ZahlreicheFriedhöfesinddemErdboden gleichgemacht, auf anderen wurden deutsche Grabsteine beseitigt. Neben den veränderten Nationalverhältnissen haben sich auch die Wirtschafts- und Eigentumsverhältnisse, aber auch Grundstückaufbau der Region radikal geändert. Das  bewaldete  Karstgelände  des  Hornwaldes  (Kočevski rog)   diente   mit   seinen   Höhlenschächten  nach Kriegsende  auch   als   Massengrab  für   etliche  Tausend von  repatriierten  Domobrancen  und  anderen  Gegnern des    Volksbefreiungskampfes.   Bald    entstanden    Straf- und Arbeitslager und ein weites Sperrgebiet mit einem Sonderregime.Heute erinnern nur noch wenige materielle Überreste an die 600 JahredauerndePräsenzdesdeutschsprachigenGruppeinmitten des slowenischen Gebietes, Auf den Präsentationstafeln soll deshalb das Bild der ehemaligen Dörfer, der Landschaft und ihrer Einwohner, die das Gottscheerland Jahrhunderte lang mitgeprägt haben, heraufbeschworen werden. Avtor: dr. Mitja Ferenc

     

  • O projektu "Izgubljene kočevarske vasi"

  • 1
  • 2

 

The settlement belongs to a group of places in the Kočevje region which are named after animals (Slo. jelen = Eng. a stag). It is a typical industrial place, built around a steam sawmill which belonged to the Prince of Auersperg. Its beginnings go back to 1894, when machinery from the sawmill in Mokri Potok near Gotenica was moved to a spot behind the district road Grčarice-Rakitnica. And the spot’s name was Jelendol. 

Searching for the most suitable location of a steam sawmill, they found a strong spring called Jama. Its water capacity would be sufficient for the mill. The spring was 13 m deep in the ground, so water was pumped 60 m high into a reservoir next to the sawmill, which was transferred here for economic reasons. Namely, in 1893 the railway line to Kočevje was built, so the sawmill was moved closer to the railway station in Ribnica, just 12 km away from Jelendol. 

In approximately 1894 the workers’ settlement was built, and so were the auxiliary plants: a forge, a locksmith’s workshop, and a waterworks with pumps. Anton Šutej, who got the sawmill on lease, re-formed the plants in the beginning of 20th century. He enlarged the saw workshop with storage for sawn wood and a log stakes, and also added some new buildings for lodging and a canteen. He modernised the equipment to make this sawmill for the most advanced one in the Kočevje region. Here, 10.000 m3 of logs were produced yearly. The sawmill was profitable for its entire existence. 

After World War I the sawmill was taken over by the Prince of Auersperg. In 1922 the sawmill burnt down, but was restored to its former condition. In the 1930s its production was expanded, and 700 wagons of boards were exported to Italy, Spain, and even Africa. After it burnt down again - during World War II - the sawmill was not restored. 

Until 1933 Jelendol belonged to the municipality, parish, and school district of Grčarice. Later it belonged to the 5 km distant municipality of Dolenja vas. Today it belongs to the Municipality of Ribnica. But, during Austrian regime inhabitants of Jelendol were registered together with the people of Grčarske Ravne. They were mostly Slovenians and Croatians, with just few families being of German origin. In 1941, on December 8th, the Gottschee Germans - 15 people from 3 families - emigrated to the territories Posavje and Obsotelje, which were occupied by the Reich’s Germans. At the end of World War II the sawmill area was unpopulated and all of four houses were destroyed. In the 1960s it had two larger buildings, but no permanent residents, as it was a temporary lodging for forestry workers. The houses were removed in the 1980’s.

The remnants of the settlement, mainly the fountains connected by rocks, can still be seen in the woods at the right side of main road which leads to Grčarice. The striking concrete walls, which one can find in the middle of a thicket, although they are grown over by moss and ivy, still remind one of the former lordship human hands had over this spot. 

The World War II fatally marked out this spot, but not only by the destruction of the sawmill. In the area of Jelendol, there is also a war graveyard. One can reach it when driving back in the direction of Ribnica for about a kilometre. A smaller brown sign which says “Jelendol” can be noticed by a tree and – if one looks for crosses painted by the trees – at a distance of some 200 m, one can find himself in front of a monument. It was raised at the point where members of  the Security Information Service liquidated 119 village members of the Home Guard in Jelendol, after they were sentenced to death at a Partisan tribunal in Ribnica. One person rescued himself from the scaffold and described the events even during the war. Members of Home Guard were able to excavate the victims a year later. They were able to identify more than a half of them. Among the bodies there were also 3 women. 90 of them were buried at a graveyard in Hrovača, and the rest were taken by relatives to be buried in family graves.

 

Predstavitev vasi v besedi in sliki

  • All
  • Borovec Pri Kočevki Reki
  • Czmk
  • GLAŽUTA, Karlshütten, Gloschhittn
  • INLAUF, Inlauf, Inlaf
  • Izgubljene Kočevarske Vasi
  • JELENDOL, Hirisgruben
  • KUKOVO, Rapljevo, Kukundorf, Kukndoarf
  • Mitja Ferenc
  • Morobitz
  • Mröbitz
  • Nemška Loka, Unterdeutschau, Agə
  • ONEK, Honegg, Wrneggə
  • RAJHENAV, Reichenau, Reichenagə
  • Rajndol, Reintal, Reintol
  • Tvkocevje
  • VERDRENG Podlesje, Verdreng, Vərdreng