Projekt Izgubljene kočevarske vasi

Language select

  • Über das Projekt Verlorene Gottscheer Dörfer

    Verlorene Gottscheer Dörfer heißt ein interaktives multimediales Projekt des Zentrums für Jugendkultur (Center za mladinsko kulturo) aus Gottschee/Kočevje. Die Sorge um das Erbe führte uns zur Forschung, und die Verantwortung gegenüber der Ortsgeschichte zum Dokumentieren dessen, was  vom  Zahn  der  Zeit  bereits stark  angeschlagen war. Vor Ihnen befindet sich ein Teil des Projektes. Behandelt sind 12 Gottscheer Dörfer, die von uns in eine Landkarte eingetragen und durch Videoaufnahmen auf  der Webseite www.KocevarskeVasi.si. vorgestellt worden sind.Vor der Mitte des 14. Jahrhunderts und bis 1942 gab es im Gottscheerland ein rund 800 Quadratkilometer großes deutsches Sprachgebiet, Vom der nationalsozialistischen Besatzungsmacht, die aus mehreren europäischen Ländern Deutsche massenweise ins Reich umsiedelte, wurde nach der Besetzung des Gottscheerlandes im Jahre 1941 durch die italienische Besatzungsmacht auch die kleine (etwa 12.000 Personen zählende) deutsche Volksgruppe umgesiedelt. Für die Gottscheer wurde ein Bereich an der Save und Sotla vorgesehen, aus dem davor der Großteil der Slowenen vertrieben worden war.Nach Kriegsende erlitten die Gottscheer dasselbe Schicksal wie  andere  Deutsche  in  Slowenien.  Diejenigen,  die  sich nicht vor Kriegsende dem Rückzug des deutschen Heeres angeschlossen hatten, und einige von denen, die im Gottscheer Land verblieben waren, wurden von den neuen Machthabern nach Österreich vertrieben. Später verstreuten sie sich und ließen sich in verschiedenen Ländern von Österreich und Deutschland nieder, viele wanderten in die Vereinigten Staaten aus.Die Umsiedlung der Gottscheer, Kriegszerstörungen, der Verfall in der Nachkriegszeit und planmäßige Zerstörung von Sakralobjekten Mitte der Fünfzigerjahre des vorigen Jahrhunderts hatten für dieses Gebiet tiefgehende und schicksalhafte Folgen. Über die Hälfte von insgesamt 176 Dörfern des Gottscheerlandes wurden zerstört und werden heute vom Wald überwuchert. Von 123 Kirchen sind nur 28 erhalten, von etwa 400 Kapellen und Bildstöcken ist nur noch ein Zehntelzufinden. ZahlreicheFriedhöfesinddemErdboden gleichgemacht, auf anderen wurden deutsche Grabsteine beseitigt. Neben den veränderten Nationalverhältnissen haben sich auch die Wirtschafts- und Eigentumsverhältnisse, aber auch Grundstückaufbau der Region radikal geändert. Das  bewaldete  Karstgelände  des  Hornwaldes  (Kočevski rog)   diente   mit   seinen   Höhlenschächten  nach Kriegsende  auch   als   Massengrab  für   etliche  Tausend von  repatriierten  Domobrancen  und  anderen  Gegnern des    Volksbefreiungskampfes.   Bald    entstanden    Straf- und Arbeitslager und ein weites Sperrgebiet mit einem Sonderregime.Heute erinnern nur noch wenige materielle Überreste an die 600 JahredauerndePräsenzdesdeutschsprachigenGruppeinmitten des slowenischen Gebietes, Auf den Präsentationstafeln soll deshalb das Bild der ehemaligen Dörfer, der Landschaft und ihrer Einwohner, die das Gottscheerland Jahrhunderte lang mitgeprägt haben, heraufbeschworen werden. Avtor: dr. Mitja Ferenc

     

  • O projektu "Izgubljene kočevarske vasi"

  • 1
  • 2

 

Some research has concluded that this village takes its name after the family Kuk, others that it was named after a hill, also called “Kuka” or “Kovka”. In medieval times it was dominated by the Čušperg nobility. At that time the village was at the northern boarder of the former German language island in the Kočevje region. It belonged to a road-side type of settlement. 

The population in this village grew by number constantly until 1900 – a rarity in the Kočevje region. At the dawn of the 20th century there were 128 people living in 19 houses. This time was followed by the years of emigration. Before World War I only 103 people were still living in 23 houses. Between World War I and World War II there were 78 people recorded as living in 22 or 18 houses, as noted by the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. Only a few of them declared themselves as Slovenian. In 1890 there were 11 Slovenians, in 1921 there were 22, and 10 years later there were 9. Before World War II the settlement had 24 numbered houses; 3 of them were empty and 6 were wrecked.  

People made their living by farming, sawing wood, and hewing railway sleepers. Half an hour away there was a saw workshop run by Ivan Klun. In the 7 km distant Polom there was a parish, a municipality office, and the nearest school. After the municipality reform in 1933 the village belonged to the 14 km distant Stari Log. 

So, the village remained empty. In the summer of 1942 it was burnt down by Italian military units. At the end of war there were no people left, only 12 demolished houses. In 1955 a third of the settlements in the Kočevje region were abolished, and Kukovo was one of them. The area was merged with the Rapljevo hamlet and the Municipality Dobrepolje in 1999. 

The two brothers Gliebe were born in Kukovo. Franz Gliebe was the mayor of Polom. In the 1930s he was also the mayor of the great municipality of Stari Log. His brother, Josef Gliebe (3. 3. 1873 – 14. 7. 1960), was a priest. After his ordination in 1896, Josef started work as a curate in Fara. Later, for a year and a half he was in Kočevje, and after 1901 he was in Stari Log and Koprivnik. For just a brief time he was also in Kočevska Reka. In 1903 he arrived to Gotenica to work as a priest and remained there for the next 46 years. He did not join his fellow countrymen in their emigration during Der Sturm. For his collaboration with the Liberation Front he was awarded the Golden Sign of Freedom medal. 

After the war he was forced to leave Gotenica, as was everyone else in that village. Secretly, he took the golden chalice and monstrance from the Church of St. Oswald with him – both pieces date back to 1571. After leaving Gotenica Josef Gliebe continued his duty in Dolenja vas. He also died there. He is buried in Prigorica next to Dolenja vas, where a plaque on a church wall was placed in his memory.

The Church of St. Anthony of Padova was built in the first half of the 19th century to replace the smaller one which preceded it. It was thoroughly renewed in 1876 and is a reflection of the high baroque style. However, it still had modest altars dating from the middle of 19th century. 

After the emigration of the Gottschee Germans it was not used for a long time, so its implements were taken out. 

The church was pulled down as one of the last of 95 demolished churches in the Kočevje region. Before that, in 1954 it was nationalised and used as a stable. The roof started to leak and the ceiling began to sink. In February 1969, under the weight of snow, the roof collapsed, so only the trim and belfry remained. The church walls decayed rapidly. In 1980 The Kočevje Farm and Forestry Company handed the remains of the building to a farmer from Struge who completely destroyed the walls, scorching the stones into lime, in March. All the same, in the 1990s, there was still some rubble to be seen, but now, in the new century, there are almost no traces left in the field anymore. 

 

Predstavitev vasi v besedi in sliki

  • All
  • Borovec Pri Kočevki Reki
  • Czmk
  • GLAŽUTA, Karlshütten, Gloschhittn
  • INLAUF, Inlauf, Inlaf
  • Izgubljene Kočevarske Vasi
  • JELENDOL, Hirisgruben
  • KUKOVO, Rapljevo, Kukundorf, Kukndoarf
  • Mitja Ferenc
  • Morobitz
  • Mröbitz
  • Nemška Loka, Unterdeutschau, Agə
  • ONEK, Honegg, Wrneggə
  • RAJHENAV, Reichenau, Reichenagə
  • Rajndol, Reintal, Reintol
  • Tvkocevje
  • VERDRENG Podlesje, Verdreng, Vərdreng