Projekt Izgubljene kočevarske vasi

Language select

  • Über das Projekt Verlorene Gottscheer Dörfer

    Verlorene Gottscheer Dörfer heißt ein interaktives multimediales Projekt des Zentrums für Jugendkultur (Center za mladinsko kulturo) aus Gottschee/Kočevje. Die Sorge um das Erbe führte uns zur Forschung, und die Verantwortung gegenüber der Ortsgeschichte zum Dokumentieren dessen, was  vom  Zahn  der  Zeit  bereits stark  angeschlagen war. Vor Ihnen befindet sich ein Teil des Projektes. Behandelt sind 12 Gottscheer Dörfer, die von uns in eine Landkarte eingetragen und durch Videoaufnahmen auf  der Webseite www.KocevarskeVasi.si. vorgestellt worden sind.Vor der Mitte des 14. Jahrhunderts und bis 1942 gab es im Gottscheerland ein rund 800 Quadratkilometer großes deutsches Sprachgebiet, Vom der nationalsozialistischen Besatzungsmacht, die aus mehreren europäischen Ländern Deutsche massenweise ins Reich umsiedelte, wurde nach der Besetzung des Gottscheerlandes im Jahre 1941 durch die italienische Besatzungsmacht auch die kleine (etwa 12.000 Personen zählende) deutsche Volksgruppe umgesiedelt. Für die Gottscheer wurde ein Bereich an der Save und Sotla vorgesehen, aus dem davor der Großteil der Slowenen vertrieben worden war.Nach Kriegsende erlitten die Gottscheer dasselbe Schicksal wie  andere  Deutsche  in  Slowenien.  Diejenigen,  die  sich nicht vor Kriegsende dem Rückzug des deutschen Heeres angeschlossen hatten, und einige von denen, die im Gottscheer Land verblieben waren, wurden von den neuen Machthabern nach Österreich vertrieben. Später verstreuten sie sich und ließen sich in verschiedenen Ländern von Österreich und Deutschland nieder, viele wanderten in die Vereinigten Staaten aus.Die Umsiedlung der Gottscheer, Kriegszerstörungen, der Verfall in der Nachkriegszeit und planmäßige Zerstörung von Sakralobjekten Mitte der Fünfzigerjahre des vorigen Jahrhunderts hatten für dieses Gebiet tiefgehende und schicksalhafte Folgen. Über die Hälfte von insgesamt 176 Dörfern des Gottscheerlandes wurden zerstört und werden heute vom Wald überwuchert. Von 123 Kirchen sind nur 28 erhalten, von etwa 400 Kapellen und Bildstöcken ist nur noch ein Zehntelzufinden. ZahlreicheFriedhöfesinddemErdboden gleichgemacht, auf anderen wurden deutsche Grabsteine beseitigt. Neben den veränderten Nationalverhältnissen haben sich auch die Wirtschafts- und Eigentumsverhältnisse, aber auch Grundstückaufbau der Region radikal geändert. Das  bewaldete  Karstgelände  des  Hornwaldes  (Kočevski rog)   diente   mit   seinen   Höhlenschächten  nach Kriegsende  auch   als   Massengrab  für   etliche  Tausend von  repatriierten  Domobrancen  und  anderen  Gegnern des    Volksbefreiungskampfes.   Bald    entstanden    Straf- und Arbeitslager und ein weites Sperrgebiet mit einem Sonderregime.Heute erinnern nur noch wenige materielle Überreste an die 600 JahredauerndePräsenzdesdeutschsprachigenGruppeinmitten des slowenischen Gebietes, Auf den Präsentationstafeln soll deshalb das Bild der ehemaligen Dörfer, der Landschaft und ihrer Einwohner, die das Gottscheerland Jahrhunderte lang mitgeprägt haben, heraufbeschworen werden. Avtor: dr. Mitja Ferenc

     

  • O projektu "Izgubljene kočevarske vasi"

  • 1
  • 2

 

According to the Kočevje Registry Book, in 1574 they counted 8 estates (called huba), already divided into halfway farms. The later ones enabled pretty modest surviving. A soil around the village is shallow. But position of the village is rather favourable and sunny. 

During 19th century here were approx. 30 landlords. They supported themselves by animal husbandry, pasturing and growing fruits, mainly apples, pears and walnuts. Beekeeping was developed, too. There was scarce surplus of a harvest, so people from Onek needed to seek earnings by working in the woods, selling firewood and sawing as well as by hawking. 

The population number was nearly not oscillating during the Austrian censuses: 180-185. The Yugoslavian censuses recorded 166 villagers in 1921 and 139 ten years later. More than one person spoke Slovenian or had it as mother tongue only at the break of century (12) and in 1931 (9). 

A provisional school was in the village since 1846. A teaching went on at several private houses. In 1884 the Municipality bought house No. 3 and restored it into a one-class-only school. During school year 1908/9, the first three Slovenian pupils were enrolled. But until 1919 there was only a teaching in German. Slovenian department of school was organised in 1930. Pupils came also from Mačkovec.

In 1931 there were 37 houses in Onek. On 22. 8. 1932 many of them burnt down during one of the largest firebreaks recorded in the Kočevska region. After detailed examination of circumstances in the Nationality Registry (1936) 48 numbered houses were recorded, 19 of them empty and demolished. Since the spring of 1939 Germans in the Kočevska region were re-allowed to establish societies Kulturbund, so on 30. 4. 1939 one was established also in Onek. 

As the Kočevska region became part of The Royal Italy in 1941, German authorities called the Gottschee Germans to move to Posavje and Posotelje. 111 of them, out of 29 houses, decided for this. Almost all of them were farmers, some of them were workers, one was tailor and two were carpenters. The empty village was burnt down by the Italian Army someday in the summer of 1942. 

The Kočevje farming development plan, which was designed in 1947 and missed its aim, projected a ward in Onek with dairy farms in Mačkovec, Rajhenav and Cvišlerji. It introduced collective farming, fruit-growing and beekeeping, but pasture stockbreeding was at the top place. At that time, the emptied village saw immigrating of people from all parts of the country, but mainly from Prekmurje. In 1958 a school was re-established in Onek, only to work for seven years. After the wane of the socialistic farming project the large state stables in Onek were ruined, too. Which brought decreasing of population number, but in the last years it grows again. In 2012 there are 43 people living in Onek. 

At the west brim of village once a chapel of St Cosimo and Damien stood. After World War II there were still masses at it. In 1955 it was already de-equipped, serving as a hay warehouse. And later on it was moved out of the way.

Above the settlement there is a popular pilgrimage hill – a sightseeing point at the Reška walking path: Lovski vrh or Annaberg. The way to top is marked with green printing of a bear foot on the white surface. At the top there are several small cottages and a striking steel tower for telecommunications, which degrades all natural elements nearby. There are no permanent residents. 

Only crown spreading limes are bearing witness of the symbolic significance of spot. The archaeologists verified a prehistoric settlement there – an ancient fort from the Iron Age in several layers. St Anne’s Church was standing here approx. since 1500. It was pulled down in the middle of 20th century. Now it is moderately substituted with St Anne’s Chapel, raised in 2003. 

Onek formally directs a graveyard of post-war victims beneath Kren and its’ memorial chapel, crosses and other commemorative signs.

 

Predstavitev vasi v besedi in sliki

  • All
  • Borovec Pri Kočevki Reki
  • Czmk
  • GLAŽUTA, Karlshütten, Gloschhittn
  • INLAUF, Inlauf, Inlaf
  • Izgubljene Kočevarske Vasi
  • JELENDOL, Hirisgruben
  • KUKOVO, Rapljevo, Kukundorf, Kukndoarf
  • Mitja Ferenc
  • Morobitz
  • Mröbitz
  • Nemška Loka, Unterdeutschau, Agə
  • ONEK, Honegg, Wrneggə
  • RAJHENAV, Reichenau, Reichenagə
  • Rajndol, Reintal, Reintol
  • Tvkocevje
  • VERDRENG Podlesje, Verdreng, Vərdreng