Projekt Izgubljene kočevarske vasi

Language select

  • Über das Projekt Verlorene Gottscheer Dörfer

    Verlorene Gottscheer Dörfer heißt ein interaktives multimediales Projekt des Zentrums für Jugendkultur (Center za mladinsko kulturo) aus Gottschee/Kočevje. Die Sorge um das Erbe führte uns zur Forschung, und die Verantwortung gegenüber der Ortsgeschichte zum Dokumentieren dessen, was  vom  Zahn  der  Zeit  bereits stark  angeschlagen war. Vor Ihnen befindet sich ein Teil des Projektes. Behandelt sind 12 Gottscheer Dörfer, die von uns in eine Landkarte eingetragen und durch Videoaufnahmen auf  der Webseite www.KocevarskeVasi.si. vorgestellt worden sind.Vor der Mitte des 14. Jahrhunderts und bis 1942 gab es im Gottscheerland ein rund 800 Quadratkilometer großes deutsches Sprachgebiet, Vom der nationalsozialistischen Besatzungsmacht, die aus mehreren europäischen Ländern Deutsche massenweise ins Reich umsiedelte, wurde nach der Besetzung des Gottscheerlandes im Jahre 1941 durch die italienische Besatzungsmacht auch die kleine (etwa 12.000 Personen zählende) deutsche Volksgruppe umgesiedelt. Für die Gottscheer wurde ein Bereich an der Save und Sotla vorgesehen, aus dem davor der Großteil der Slowenen vertrieben worden war.Nach Kriegsende erlitten die Gottscheer dasselbe Schicksal wie  andere  Deutsche  in  Slowenien.  Diejenigen,  die  sich nicht vor Kriegsende dem Rückzug des deutschen Heeres angeschlossen hatten, und einige von denen, die im Gottscheer Land verblieben waren, wurden von den neuen Machthabern nach Österreich vertrieben. Später verstreuten sie sich und ließen sich in verschiedenen Ländern von Österreich und Deutschland nieder, viele wanderten in die Vereinigten Staaten aus.Die Umsiedlung der Gottscheer, Kriegszerstörungen, der Verfall in der Nachkriegszeit und planmäßige Zerstörung von Sakralobjekten Mitte der Fünfzigerjahre des vorigen Jahrhunderts hatten für dieses Gebiet tiefgehende und schicksalhafte Folgen. Über die Hälfte von insgesamt 176 Dörfern des Gottscheerlandes wurden zerstört und werden heute vom Wald überwuchert. Von 123 Kirchen sind nur 28 erhalten, von etwa 400 Kapellen und Bildstöcken ist nur noch ein Zehntelzufinden. ZahlreicheFriedhöfesinddemErdboden gleichgemacht, auf anderen wurden deutsche Grabsteine beseitigt. Neben den veränderten Nationalverhältnissen haben sich auch die Wirtschafts- und Eigentumsverhältnisse, aber auch Grundstückaufbau der Region radikal geändert. Das  bewaldete  Karstgelände  des  Hornwaldes  (Kočevski rog)   diente   mit   seinen   Höhlenschächten  nach Kriegsende  auch   als   Massengrab  für   etliche  Tausend von  repatriierten  Domobrancen  und  anderen  Gegnern des    Volksbefreiungskampfes.   Bald    entstanden    Straf- und Arbeitslager und ein weites Sperrgebiet mit einem Sonderregime.Heute erinnern nur noch wenige materielle Überreste an die 600 JahredauerndePräsenzdesdeutschsprachigenGruppeinmitten des slowenischen Gebietes, Auf den Präsentationstafeln soll deshalb das Bild der ehemaligen Dörfer, der Landschaft und ihrer Einwohner, die das Gottscheerland Jahrhunderte lang mitgeprägt haben, heraufbeschworen werden. Avtor: dr. Mitja Ferenc

     

  • O projektu "Izgubljene kočevarske vasi"

  • 1
  • 2

 

The village was arranged in a small Carst field. This fact is probably connected to the origin of its name. The German expression: “an der reichen Au” literally means: “at the rich meadow”. In a way, the name reminds of the arrival of colonists from Carinthia, where many settlements and fallows bear similar names. Rajhenav developed into type of a road-side and junction settlement with a substantially broadened road in the middle. 

The settlement was among the oldest ones in the Gottschee region. Its origin reaches back to the end of colonisation around 1400. The German speaking colonists came first then, in the Kočevski Rog area, and often came together with Slovenian natives to look for new land to progress even deeper in the woods to produce fields and pastures. By clearing these woods, they gradually gained some cultivable land and established villages. According to the Land Register Book from 1574, a settlement by the name Reichnau included 10 properties or estates divided into 20 halfway farms. There were 36 land owners living here, along with 135-145 inhabitants. At the time the village was one of the largest ones in the Gottschee region. 

In 1869 Rajhenav officially had 58 houses and 280 inhabitants. From 1880 to 1931 the number of inhabitants decreased permanently; only half of the population of Rajhenav remained, compared to five decades earlier. In 1936 seven of the 58 numbered houses were empty and 20 were already in ruins, mostly because of emigration. 

The villagers made their living by farming and stockbreeding. The place was well known for its high quality cattle. They also produced wooden buckets and other wooden articles. Some of them were sold at other villages. Some of the families were supported by relatives in America. The first provisional school with a year long programme was opened in 1880. From 1905 on, the school had one class and teaching was done in German. Until 1926, when the school committee bought house No. 34, it did not have its own building. In 1929 they built one. It was modest: made from wood, rough-casted, and with only one classroom. Only children from Rajhenav went to this school. Each year there were from 20 to 30 pupils in average. The school was closed during the Gottschee Germans’ departure. There was also a voluntary fire brigade organised in the village, which had already been established in 1907. Furthermore, the villagers organised their own branch office of the Red Cross. But, the municipality office and a parish were in Koprivnik, 5 km away. 

The German inhabitants, 130 people from 28 houses, departed in 1941, between December 3rd and 17th. Afterwards, the largest village in Kočevski Rog started to decay rapidly. It was finally demolished during an offensive at Rog in August 1942. Italian soldiers systematically burned down the houses, and according to the inventory at the end of war, all 44 houses had been destroyed. After World War II the settlement was not rebuilt and repopulated. In its place there was only a smaller state estate for breeding cattle. Two of the houses were restored. In the 1970s this estate too was abandoned, but soon after the Yugoslavian Army took up residence there, bringing telephone lines and electricity to it.  

Rajhenav is the birth place of Viktor Stalzer (25. 11. 1920-12. 12. 2005), one of the founders of Gottschee Landmannschaft in Klagenfurt, and for many years its president. He also co-founded and edited Gottscheer Zeitung, of which the modern edition has been published from 1955 onwards. 

In 1996 Alojz Brdnik settled in Rajhenav, mainly to breed cattle of the best meat sorts. He followed in Rajhenav’s rich stockbreeding history, when in the times of Maria Theresa oxen were bred here. At Brdnik’s home – house No. 1 – there are two memorial plaques. One is a reminder of World War II and the Tomšič Brigade, and the other of the arising of an independent Slovenia, when the Territorial Guard took over one of the buildings of the Yugoslav Army.  

A succursal or supplementary church was erected in the middle of the elongated village, along the road. The building was consecrated as St. Mary Magdalene’s in the 18th century. The slender lines of the building, as seen in old photos, show that the church originates from the 17th century. In the second half of the century it was mentioned by Valvasor in his field registers. 

During World War II the church was destroyed by fire. For the most part the burnt walls were removed in the beginning of the 1960s, and many of the stones were used for consolidating roads in the woods. On the location of the former church there is still one column with the date of 1926 – the last reminder of what was once a mighty church. 

On the settlement’s west side the St. Eliah Chapel, erected in approximately 1785, was once located. On the spot there are only a few partially recognisable stones remaining from the nave’s foundation and from the southern wall of the altar niche. 

Predstavitev vasi v besedi in sliki

  • All
  • Borovec Pri Kočevki Reki
  • Czmk
  • GLAŽUTA, Karlshütten, Gloschhittn
  • INLAUF, Inlauf, Inlaf
  • Izgubljene Kočevarske Vasi
  • JELENDOL, Hirisgruben
  • KUKOVO, Rapljevo, Kukundorf, Kukndoarf
  • Mitja Ferenc
  • Morobitz
  • Mröbitz
  • Nemška Loka, Unterdeutschau, Agə
  • ONEK, Honegg, Wrneggə
  • RAJHENAV, Reichenau, Reichenagə
  • Rajndol, Reintal, Reintol
  • Tvkocevje
  • VERDRENG Podlesje, Verdreng, Vərdreng